©1996-2010 Pierre A. Zippi. All rights reserved.
Graphic correlation of event data from 2 sections
ShawPlot 2 plots X-Y graphic correlation and straight well to well correlation of common events from 2 wells.
Diagrams may be saved as PICT files for inclusion into larger montages.
Open a tab-delimited ASCII TEXT file that contains the data.
The data must be organized into at least two columns as follows:
Individual event files:
Files with combined events from 2 sections:
1) The first column must contain the event name or taxa ID labels.
2) Events should be positive values (depths, ranks, etc.).
Use WellPlot 4 for Max OS X to generate event data.
Use RC-RASC 1.0 to generate a scaled optimum sequence of events from multiple sections.
Use the scaled optimum sequence as a reference section in ShawPlot.
• Open 2 individual files containing event data to find and plot the events common to both wells.
• Save data to a spreadsheet that contains events for both sections.
• Plot data from a spreadsheet that contains events for both sections.
• Each data file may have up to 3000 events (limit may be increased on request).
• Find and cross-plot events common to any 2 sections (ShawPlot).
• Find and correlate events common to any 2 sections (Well2Well).
• Toggle between ShawPlot and Well2Well views.
• Auto-rescaling of chart by re-sizing window
• Variable symbol size
• Variable font and font size
• Select from all available fonts
• Reverse direction of X-axis
• Draw line of correlation-LOC
-hold shift key down and click end points for each line segment of the LOC
• Undo LOC line segments with Undo or Clear entire LOC with Clear (Edit menu)
• Set new minimum axis values
-click or drag mouse with option key down
• Re-set minimum axis values to data range
-select Reset Min values from Options menu
• Interactive display of coordinates
-hold mouse button down and x-y coordinates will display in upper left of screen
Save charts as PICT file (or copy to clipboard):
• PICT is compatible with nearly every Macintosh application and Windows application.
• Charts are fully editable with any drawing application.
• Elements of the chart are grouped for easy editing with graphics applications.
• Easily create montages in Intaglio or your favorite PICT editing graphics application.
Save common FAD and LAD events:
ShawPlot 2 reads events from tab-delimited ASCII spreadsheets.
Use WellPlot 4 for Mac OS X to find FAD and LAD events and error ranges from spreadsheets of occurrence data.
System requirements: Mac OSX and PPC or Intel Macintosh computer.
Price: $150 US.
Pierre A. Zippi
7518 Twin Oaks Court
Garland, Texas 75044
How to order
Go to: PAZ Software Homepage